Wednesday, May 23, 2012

indy food tour 2012, part two

After deciding to start Indy Food Tour 2012, Avery and I decided we needed to go out with a bang on the last weekend of our time in Indianapolis. Which is why we chose to do a special edition. The Broad Ripple Walking Tour version. It was a one-time, only on television special. All for the pleasure of our stomachs.

We decided to go to several different restaurants and only order one thing to split at each. Get more bang for our buck. And to make a night of it. And to experience as many restaurants as we could. And to just eat lot. Which is really the whole purpose of the whole Food Tour. We gave our obsession with eating a name and so it sounds like there is more of a purpose than just getting fat on...well....lots of fats & sugars & deliciousness.

The Indy Food Tour 2012: Broad Ripple Walking Tour Special Edition was extra special because two great people, Jessica & Mary Ellen joined us. We started at a Greek restaurant called Canal Bistro where we got feta cheese fries. Let me repeat that...fries covered in feta cheese, the cheese from the gods. They were delicious. I don't even know if I tasted them, I ate them so fast.



The second restaurant was Broad Ripple Brew Pub. We ordered beer cheese. Yes, more cheese. Except this one we ate with bread. Totally different. And just as delicious.




Our third stop was called 10-01, pronounced ten-oh-one. Very fancy. Most expensive one of the night. But you could totally tell. The food was DELICIOUS. Even though I've used that word like twelve times already. I'm just really passionate about food, okay? We ordered some salmon. The picture speaks for itself. It's making me hungry just looking at it.







Our food tour was interrupted for a short commercial break shopping at a cute boutique store. Where they were giving away free cupcakes. So that counts as a stop on the food tour. We all tried on fun outfits & I really just loved their decorations. I will definitely be going back there. Maybe not to purchase, but just to hang out.



Our last stop was for ice cream. Of course. The night wouldn't be complete without it. Don't mind the fact that we eat had already eaten three cupcakes. Brics, also known as Broad Ripple Ice Cream Station, might be my favorite restaurant in Indy. I'm serious. I would eat their ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And then probably a late night dessert.




All in all, the food tour went out with a lot of food on the last weekend. I mean, Avery and I had to sustain ourselves on Indy food until we get back in the fall. Until then, the Indy Food Tour 2012 is on summer hiatus.


No comments:

Post a Comment