Sunday, December 11, 2011

a very "butler" christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...in the Butler University Admissions office.


Butler comes in with the win for "its the little touches that count."


The tree is up. Our work Pandora station is set to repeat on Mariah Carey. And it's Admit Packet Time.

For those select few out there who don't work in a university admissions office, this is the time of year when all of the students who applied for the Early Action deadline will receive (or not receive...guess I never thought about that side) that beautiful envelope in the mail telling them they can be a future Bulldog.

This is a serious process. Not taken lightly at all. This week we are in the first stage of the process: filling the folders with all of the goodies. We have to fill 6000 folders. I repeat, 6000. It's not a small number by any means. So, to help my coworkers along with their lofty pursuits, I made this wonderful addition to the office:




We can track our progress now! We were halfway done when I was in on Friday afternoon...it's a long way to the finish line.

And yes, I made this pointless piece of paper instead of actually helping with the packets...maybe that's why it takes so long to finish...


This upcoming week, we start to put all of the folders into their envelopes. And more importantly, we start the "Wax Seal Process." It's kind of a big deal. You have to try out. I have mine tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck!

I'll keep you updated, because I know that the behind the scenes work at Butler is just riveting. You're welcome for the knowledge.




No comments:

Post a Comment