Thursday, June 28, 2012

missing this

(maybe this one was supposed to be posted awhile ago too....not sorry)

I love being home. I love Colorado. I love being with my family and friends and not having to worry about school & homework & my schedule.

But, right now, I really do miss the other half of my life. I miss Butler and Indianapolis and my Alpha Phi friends and my Young Life people and going on fun adventures and trying to make the most of college.


I'm missing Brady & Meredith, my roommates from last semester. I'm missing watching Friends with them. And having 30-second dance parties. And having last minute mattress sleepovers.


I'm missing Avery, the one who goes on all the crazy adventures with me. I'm missing sitting on a roof. I'm missing going on walks. I'm even missing lugging all of her crap down stairs and packing it into her tiny car.


It's hard to realize that I can love two places as much as I do. I want to be in both at once. So, can we just put Indianapolis smack dab right in the middle of Colorado? So I can go to Butler and still be able to hike and see my family at the same time? Okay, I'm glad we're all in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment