Sunday, June 19, 2011

born and bred

For Father's Day today, my family did a typical Miller family activity. We went on a hike. One of my favorites too: Youngs Gulch up the Poudre Canyon. And guess what??? It rained. And when I say rain, I mean, poured. Like, thunder and lightening and kind of scared that the tall-tree-right-up-the-trail-is-going-to-get-struck-any-second rain. It was not the most fun hike I've ever done. But, sometimes it takes the worst to be able to see how much you appreciate something.

My revelation of the day:

I. Love. Colorado.

So much.

rocky mtn ntl park

I love the mountains. I love how much sun we get. I love the taste of the water. I love that I can be wearing shorts, pants, and a winter coat all in the same day. I love the skiing. I love the people. I love the different cities. I love the airport. 

bear lake to grand lake hike

I love how there is so much to do here. I can ski, hike, mountain bike, raft the rivers, tube, go boating, go shopping in cute stores, eat at really yummy restaurants, etc etc.

I really could go on and on and on forever and ever about everything I love about Colorado.

Lory State Park hike


I could live here for my whole life. And I think I will, thank you very much.

Now, what to do about the fact that I go to school in Indiana...

No comments:

Post a Comment