Monday, March 5, 2012

fancy pants

One of my favorite things in Indianapolis makes me feel high-class. It makes me feel very cool. It makes me feel like I'm a hipster...which is kind of my unspoken dream. Even though I tell everyone about it. 

So, every month, I countdown the days until First Friday. The first Friday of the month is probably my favorite day of the whole month. Except for the 1st of the month...because I get to say "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" for a month of good luck. Just like my junior high geography teacher told me. Superstitions. Cool.

Anyways...

I get to go to art galleries and pretend like I know what I'm talking about. I get to eat free food. I get to hang out with people who love this too. I get to get ideas for what I want to create at some point, eventually. I get to watch the awkward high schoolers and their interactions. I'm 110% obsessed. If it was every Friday, I would be there. 


The food was especially good this time. 


Avery and I really love going to First Friday together! 


My favorite piece of art from this time! It was part of a whole gallery of bird themed works. Cool.


And, if I didn't already eat enough that night, had one of these delicious key lime cupcakes while watching the last Butler basketball game of the year. It's fine...they will be back next year. It's the "Butler Way." 

My countdown to the next First Friday is already started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment