Saturday, December 8, 2012

art 107.

Amidst the psychology case studies and the books on homelessness and the ANOVA math problems that have been filling my time of the past few months and even more so over the past week, there lies a single class that keeps me sane. 

Art 107: Drawing, thank you for being part of my life. It kept me alive throughout the semester. Six hours a week is the perfect amount to take a seat, breathe in deep, pick up my charcoal and see what happens. I walked in the door on the first day of class with no expectations of myself and maybe a little bit of a bad attitude. But, praise the Lord, I have left with lots of confidence and a can-do attitude. Drawing, you don't scare me anymore. 

Our final art show, ART NOW, was this past week. Even if my work wasn't the best hanging around, I'm still proud. It represents so much more than just the paper and the black charcoal. 







P.S That's me up there. #selfie

1 comment: