Tuesday, March 19, 2013

a blanket of memories.

One of my least favorite questions in the context of interviews or getting to know you groups is "What is one of the things you're most proud of?" 

What? Dumb. I don't really like the word, pride. It seems silly and weird and unnecessary. I'm not really doing anything to be proud of, I'm just living my life. That's why I've given the same answer to this question since senior year of high school. 

Until now. 

Yes, that's right. I have a new answer. Finally. 

Here it goes...

A mother. A daughter. Twenty hours. Forty five t-shirts. A sewing machine, an iron, and a whole lotta cutting. 

All of that creates this. 



It's so perfect, I could cry. It's the perfect weight on my bed layered with other blankets. It's the perfect size to wrap up in or lay out on the grass. It's the perfect combination of beautiful colors and meaningful memories. And it's one of those things that I never thought I would be able to do. I sewed a whole quilt. WHAT!? 

1 comment:

  1. You're so cool and great and I'm proud of your quilt too!

    ReplyDelete