Saturday, March 9, 2013

wildness.

This upcoming summer, I'm going to be headed on a backpacking trip through the Colorado mountains with Young Life. A group of girls and I will hike, camp, and experience the wilderness together. For most of them, this is a first in their life. They've been stuck in flat land Indiana.

Now, Indiana is beautiful and wonderful, but it's no mountain top view. So, when one of the girls texted me the other day about how she is getting herself pumped up for the trip, she reminded me that where you are and where you spend your time can directly affect how you experience God. 

"Every particle of rock or water or air has God by its side leading it the way it should go; The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness; In God's wildness is the hope of the world." 

Gosh, that's so true for me. And I can't wait to experience that with my friends and to be in the Colorado mountains together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment