Tuesday, February 21, 2012

two weeks. too much fun.

This first few months of this semester have been overwhelmingly busy. Not in a "I have too many things on my to-do list and have to go study for a long time" way. But more in a "I have too many fun things to do and too many people to invest in" kind of way.

So, the busyness has been good. But, I think that it's time for a few weeks of "Let's sit here and watch episodes of Friends and drink some hot chocolate and maybe go for a run." And be on Pinterest. I haven't done that since Christmas, people. I'm in serious withdrawals.

The best part of this time was my birthday party. And when I mean party, I mean celebration. As in, two weeks long. Bookmarked on either end by a visit from my wonderful father and another long weekend visit from two of my very best friends. And sandwiched in the middle was this giant thing called the Super Bowl. Too much fun.







Either way, I am now a firm believer in celebrating your birthday for at least a week when it comes around once a year. One of my new friends this year told me that she has been doing this forever. She makes it a whole week event where she does fun stuff everyday. It doesn't have to be extravagant. Because even going to get a ice cream cone has special meaning when you're celebrating something.

So, this year was the start of new week-long birthday celebrations. Try it. It's fun. It made me remind myself that I'm kinda cool and should celebrate myself sometimes.

Thanks to all of the people who made my two week birthday celebration the best thing ever. It was fun. So much fun that we should probably do it again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment