Tuesday, January 22, 2013

heart problems.

I swear that all of the money that goes to Butler for my tuition should just go straight to paying for all of the medical bills that I'm going to have when I graduate from here with a messed up heart. Time after time, Butler Men's Basketball chooses to save the good stuff until the end. It's exciting and all, but it gives my heart palpitations (word choice!) every single game.

If you're not a big ESPN follower or sports fan in general, you may not have heard about the most recent episode that left Butler fans everywhere somehow out of breath and hoarse from yelling, all at the same time. Last Saturday was Butler Basketball at its finest. ESPN GameDay came to Hinkle Fieldhouse to film their broadcast, highlighting all of the history behind where the Bulldogs play. Students (that are not me because I like my sleep and like to be warmer than -5 degrees) waited outside starting at 4am to try to get their 15 minutes 3 seconds of fame on ESPN. It was worth it to be a part of the pep rally before the evening's big game.





Then came the primetime game versus the Gonzaga Bulldogs of the West Coast. Hinkle Fieldhouse was packed, over 10,500 fans and over capacity. And really, there is nothing like that place. It truly is magical. On this night, it was even more than usual. All of the fans were standing and cheering and the energy was alive.







And, in typical Butler fashion, we led for most of the 40 minutes. Until the one that counted: the last one. Gonzaga was up and there was less than ten seconds left. I was standing in the bleachers with my eyes closed, forcing myself to breathe. It's too much for me! And, hate to leave you hanging if you don't know the outcome, but here's a pretty sweet video that perfectly captures the moment of Hinkle Magic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment