Monday, January 21, 2013

reflect & resolve.

I've never been big on making resolutions for the New Year. Somehow I just feel like I am setting myself up for failure...how am I ever supposed to keep something for a whole year!? My life changes so much in a year that I don't feel like anything will be the same and relevant 12 months after I decide on it. It's just the way it is. #collegeprobs

This fact that my life experiences so much change right now was even more true after I started reflecting on my past year. I made a TOP 10 MOMENTS of 2012 list, which was just as wonderful. Reflecting is good. More than anything this list made me realize that I am more blessed than I usually remember. The kind of opportunities and fun and new places I experienced last year and the amazing people that filled my life kind of make me speechless.

Anywho...(which is my new favorite word)...after my reflecting, I decided to make a list of my TOP 10 DREAMS of 2013 instead. Much better choice. Also, because I don't have to just pick one resolution, but can have 10 instead. 


Top 10 Moments of 2012
1. backpacking in the Chicago Basin with Jar & Dad
2. indy food tour/first fridays with Avery 
3. dock sitting at YL Crooked Creek Ranch with Allison
4. DisneyWorld & YL girls spring break trip
5. Easter weekend with mom in Indy
6. hiking in Banff 
7. YL Castaway trip leader
8. call me maybe music video...the making & the aftermath
9. dream day
10. alpha phi new member educator experience 

Top 10 Dreams for 2013
1. YL wilderness trip to Colorado
2. road trip with friends
3. more community with small group
4. have college friends visit CO
5. find rewarding internship/job
6. plan fun roommate experiences
7. YL girls dream day
8. beach time with family in CA
9. half marathon
10. go to a different country 


Here's to a beautiful new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment