Friday, January 25, 2013

obsessed.

I want to be a hipster. So badly. I'll admit it. But, I'm pretty sure that the fact that I really want to be a hipster makes me automatically un-hipster-like. 

No, matter, I can still pretend. The most hipster person I know right now (and I'm using the word know very loosely right now) is the rapper, Macklemore. He's pretty much the coolest person in my world right now, and he doesn't even know it. Total hipster move. 

He's cool because: 1. he's a white rapper and 2. he wears weird clothes from thrift stores. I'm pretty sure we would be best friends because: 1. i love weird clothes from thrift stores and 2. i wish i was a white rapper. Enough said. 

Macklemore puts his two cool factors together to create this awesome song. It's sweeping the nation. It just got big in Indiana, even though my people out West have known about it for months. And I mean, months. 


Wait, stop. As I write this post, I have vague memories of posting another post about him. Oh, wait I did. Whoops. It's okay. Our relationship has progressed so much since last fall. 

The big reasons why this is more important now is because I bought tickets to go see him in concert this past week. I'll be rocking some thrift store purchases and dancing my heart out up at Purdue at the end of March. 

Also, a new blog I started following posted this today. Anyone in it with me? I think they're awesome. And that we would be best friends. Those two, Macklemore, and me. Besties for life. I can see it now. 

1 comment:

  1. Stop. You don't want to be a hipster. You want to dress like a hipster. Hipsters think they're too cool and that's the worst. Besides your mention of hipsters, this is a great post ;)

    ReplyDelete