Monday, February 25, 2013

a birthday toast.

Mmmk, I've officially decided that I love my birthday, even if this announcement is a couple of weeks late (that's kind of my MO). It's freakin' awesome. Why would I not like a day where people tell me they love me and give me presents???

But, that's just it. It's hard for me to think this about my birthday. I don't like people making a big deal of me. I don't like getting to have the spotlight on me.

This year, I realized that's a silly way of thinking. Straight up silly.

That's not who I am. That's not what I'm about. I'm about celebration. CELEBRATION, people. And, if I can't accept the one day of the year when people are allowed to celebrate me, why should I get to celebrate everyone else? It just doesn't make sense. I want to be someone who is all about birthdays, my own included.

So, instead of feeling awkward because of all the attention, I thank all of the people in my life who celebrated me this year. It was one of the best birthdays yet. You made me feel loved. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here's a couple of my favorite moments from my birthday celebration:

Cupcakes were a theme: Jon & Jasmine both brought some to our meeting.

Bestie Amanda sent me a BIRTHDAY IN A BOX! awesome. 

Mama & Papa Miller sent me some beautiful flowers!

A night out on the town with my birthday buddy, David. Plus, I get to wear a crown. Fun.

My Alpha Phi besties threw me a "midnight party" complete with decorations and singing. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Love that you wore a crown on your bday. Love that you posted a picture of the BOX the flowers came in (???) Love that Amanda is just the best and most precious friend! Love celebration.

    ReplyDelete