Saturday, February 16, 2013

baby phi bears.

This post is a little late in coming, as are a lot of things in my life. I've decided that there really is no way to do the first six weeks of second semester in a healthy and "on-top-of-it" way. There is just too much to do and too little time to do it. And so, just like in my real life, I have so many things I want to say and not enough time to say it. I have too many things to blog about and not enough time in my day to make that happen.

That aside, one of the main reasons why these months of January & February are so cray cray is the addition of oh, about five hundred Alpha Phi activities. Let's just pretend its a #tbt and go back a couple weeks now, shall we? (p.s. #tbt stands for throw back thursday, for those of you that might be confused and over the age of 25.) 

So, close your eyes & let's head back to January 13th. Bid Day.

I spent this year of Recruitment as a "Recruitment Counselor." Pretty much, I was a Young Life leader to freshmen/sophomore girls that were going through sorority rush. Which may seem like a silly analogy because after all, what's more important, getting into the "right" sorority or loving Jesus. Let's be real, people.

But, it was an amazing five days. Emotionally draining, emotionally exhausting, happy, sad, mad, fun, weird, annoying. I'm not kidding, I think I felt every emotion possible to humankind in those five days. I was feeling my own emotions and the emotions of my friends and the emotions of the girls in my counseling group. It was Young Life camp, but for sororities. I felt the same way. Let's just pretend that the metaphor works and makes sense.

Anyways, get to the point, Abby. After a week of that, the Recruitment counselors get to go back to their houses, be with our best friends, and realize that there may be a lot of shallow reasons why sororities are not important, but there are also a lot of reasons why this is one of the best things I've done in college. Oh, and we get 57 new girls who are now Alpha Phi's too. That's the cray cray part.

the five alpha phi-best friend-recruitment counselors.

my beautiful recruitment group. you know they thought i was weird and obnoxious, but hopefully secretly loved me.



count 'em. 57. holy crap.










This is my life. It's wonderful and crazy and busy, but it's surrounding by beautiful women like this. Wouldn't trade it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment