Saturday, September 1, 2012

gotta do what you've gotta do

I hate school. I really do. I know that no one really likes school, but I think I fall on the more dislike-ful  side of the spectrum. I'm not a huge fan of sitting in classes, listening. I'm not a huge fan of reading books about psychology experiments or how social problems affect our society. I don't really enjoy writing papers or studying for tests.

But, it's something that I've got to do. Don't get me wrong, I do really love learning. I love learning about people and what makes them tick. I love museums and new experiences and trying something different. I'm all about learning.

Because the school part of college is something that I've got to do and get done, I think that this year, my focus is going to be making it fun. I don't really know how that's going to work out practically. I do know that if I set myself up as best as I can to be enjoying myself, then I will maybe enjoying studying a teensy tiny bit more.

So, today, I'm being the hipster study-er. I'm at my favorite local coffee shop, drinking a pot of Lilli's Blend hot tea, with my warm flannel worn over my white v-neck, listening to a folksy/instrumental/indie playlist, all while the hurricane rains pour outside the window.

See, look at how much fun I'm having while studying!



No comments:

Post a Comment