Friday, September 28, 2012

live music is the best music.

Over the past month, something that I've decided I love is a really good concert. I should be saying to myself, "Duh, Abby, of course they are great, what have you been spending your time doing?" 

But, it's a new revelation for me. I tend to be a little slow in realizing things that are right in front of me.

Concerts just combine all of the top parts of life that I love. Singing out loud, even when I don't really know the words. Being with really great people who I just love. And, most importantly...

DANCING. Not just your casual snap your fingers and bob your head. ALL OUT DANCING. The kind where you don't care what you look like. And you're shaking your hips like they don't lie. And your arms are moving in ways that they have never moved before.

The kind of dancing that is often associated with older, drunk women at concerts who look like they may or may not be on something. That's the kind of dancing that I love.

And, I don't have to wait until I'm old, or drunk, or on drugs, I can dance my heart out like that right now at any concert I'm at. Just because I love live music and where I'm at in that moment of time.

Butlerpalooza: Smashmouth & Chiddy Bang



Jason Mraz & Christina Perri




 Drew Holcomb, Parachute & NEEDTOBREATHE



Earth, Wind & Fire



No comments:

Post a Comment