Saturday, September 1, 2012

the best part of a day.

Adjusting is hard. It's strange getting used to being back in Indianapolis: the room, the weather, the people. It's all a good amount of strange, not enough to make me feel any less than myself. I'm still embracing it, with a skip in my step and some good happy yelling.

But, it's still weird. I'm not seeing the people I spent my summer with. I miss porch sitting at 641 Remington with Manda. I miss precious time with Katie & Ellen. I miss enjoying the Colorado outdoors with my mom & dad.

The most confusing transition, though, is watching my baby bro head off to his freshmen year of college. Wasn't I just in that same boat??? It sure feels like it. And, as much as college really rocks, there are also lots of times where it's really really hard. And, so like any big sister would, I worry and hope and pray that he is having the time of his life off at School of Mines...(emphasis on the MINES, not MINDS....or MIMES, like 80% of people think I say. There really isn't a school for becoming a professional mime. There might be, but Jared is not planning on being one of them.)

And I know he is. Because we finally got to chat & see each other's rooms & ask good questions about what the first two weeks of school were like. Because he is studying hard...lots of Calculus & Physics (we're very different in that way.) Because he's making friends, but also because he's being himself & not trying to be someone that other people want him to be. My little Jar-Bear, growing up.




It was the best part of my last two weeks.

Also, in other unrelated news...one of my best friends from home, Miss Taryn Marie Hunt, has started her very own blog. It's great! And I'm proud of her for taking this step, even if it's just so I can read about her life & thoughts. Still worth it, Taryn!

No comments:

Post a Comment