Thursday, September 6, 2012

showing up

Have you heard about the book, Love Does, by Bob Goff?

It's one of those life-changing books that makes you stop after each chapter and be amazed by how these words are changing how you see a lot of things in the world. And highlight and underline and dog-ear pages. And then once the last page is turned, it's back to the beginning to start again.

The best message of the book is that we can all say that we love Jesus and we love what He did. But, what does that mean in my life? How does that affect the way I wake up in the morning and how I choose to spend my time? How does it affect my views of my relationships with not only my best friends, but also strangers?

We have to get to the DO part of faith.

"That's because love is never stationary. In the end, love doesn't just keep thinking about it or keep planning for it. Simply put: love does." 

I'm trying to live a life where showing up and being present is commonplace and is what I do. I'm trying to embrace spontaniety and saying yes. I don't want to be known as a person who is all talk and just sits around. I feel different when I make it a priority and I hope that other people see the same.

I don't know if I'll ever regret saying yes to love and to doing. It's always worth it.














2 comments:

  1. you're good at doing. and at showing up. I like that about you and it makes me want to be better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rocks! Love it! Sic em! You're so cool and I am so happy you are you! So blessed bestie! love you

    ReplyDelete