Friday, November 25, 2011

fresh air & exercise

Thanksgiving. It's not my favorite holiday by any means. But, it's still great to be able to come home and spend time with people I love doing wonderful things.

Like hike with my family.


I love that I can hike in CO in November. It was a little chilly, but totally worth it to see this:


What a beautiful view off of Horsetooth Rock!! The sights were great, but my family is also just really funny to hike with.

We gave out awards to each other for different things. We sang songs (mainly me, actually only me!) We took cool pictures. And most importantly, Jared and I taught Maggie how to play leap frog. We didn't know if dogs could play, but we forced Maggie to. I don't think she liked it very much.


Then, because Colorado is so awesome, my family went skiing for two days! What!? I can ski and hike in the same week! YES!

So, yes, my family spent Thanksgiving up at Keystone/Breckenridge. Seriously, can't complain.


Our Thanksgiving consisted of skiing, meeting up with the Verde family, eating at a random restaurant in Breckenridge, and the most delicious crepes! I'll be heading back to the crepe stand every time I'm in Breck from now on. They were delicious! And the guys working there were a riot! Brian and I watched the man making them; he didn't smile/laugh/say anything for 45 minutes! And the guy taking our money was not on any drugs, but should've been. He kept sticking his head out the little window, resting it on the ledge, and saying..."Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!" Probably every three minutes.

Not a traditional Thanksgiving by any means, but wonderful nonetheless.

And it doesn't hurt when it ends like this...


I love you, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment