Wednesday, November 9, 2011

weekends are the best...

Why can't it always be a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday???

Life would be so much better. Really, it would.

Highlights of my wonderful weekend:

1. Going to tea with Avery
      Friday afternoon tea. How precious! We tried this new tea place downtown and it was just the best time ever. Why would we not want to sit for an hour and talk about life, all while drinking a pitcher full of sweet tea!? (It was a LOT of liquid...)



2. Going to visit Mary Ellen in her classroom
      She's got to be one of the cutest teachers ever! I have been wanting to go visit her and see where she spends all of her time and look at all of her hard work! And finally, I made it! Avery and I decided to go after tea...what a perfect Friday afternoon! Look at how cute her classroom is and how much her children probably love her! 



3. Going to the FOODTRUCK Fest! & First Friday
      I had been waiting for this for.....months. All I wanted to do was to go to a place where I could eat all the food from the back of trucks that I wanted to. And look at cool artwork. Well, after YL leadership on Friday night, they all made my dream come TRUE. 


      We headed downtown for my first ever Food Truck Fest. I tried to eat at as many as I could and try everything. It was wonderful. No words to describe it. And then, the cherry on top of it all, we went to First Friday at the Harrison Center. We didn't get to see much because we had spent so much time with the food, but I still loved the atmosphere of First Friday. I can look around at the weird paintings. And yell at my YL team for not loving it all as much as I did. 


4. Going up to the top of Jordan Hall
     My first trip up on the roof...do I really go to Butler?? I was just excited to be up that high on such a beautiful night. 


5. Babysitting
     Not always the most fun activity. But sometimes it's just good to get away and spend time with people who are younger than me....a lot younger. I loved hanging out with Eli and Ben. They have so much energy and wanted to run around and do everything, even though it was supposed to be bedtime. Why not run around the living room and dancing like crazy and singing all the Top 40 hits? I didn't know that kids under 5 years old knew Katy Perry and J-Biebs. I was loving it. 


It was hard to get pictures of them because they were moving so fast! 


6. Alpha Phi Elections 
      Now, it may seem contradictory that one of my favorite parts of the weekend was where I had to sit in a room for 3 hours and talk about the same things over and over again. But, electing the next set of officers/positions for my sorority was actually kind of fun. I liked the idea that we are deciding the future of our house. And giving credit to people who we think will do great things. It's all about seeing the potential in people and giving them that chance to use it. 


Hallelujah for WEEKENDS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment