Monday, April 16, 2012

the best $25 i've ever spent

A few weeks ago, I overheard some of my YL girls talking about this place where you can get a $25 massage. It literally stopped me in my tracks. What...massage!? What....$25!? What!? I didn't think places like that exist in the world.

But, this place just kept coming up in casual conversation. I would see people and they would tell me that they had just come from their massage. Or they got a gift certificate there for their birthday. Or I would drive by and look at it longingly; wishing, hoping, waiting.

Well, last Friday, I was sitting at North Central just casually watching some high school girls' tennis matches. (How do they score that sport....I still don't know). Avery calls me up and no questions asked, tells me that we are going to get massages in an hour. No excuses, she already made the appointment. Like I would say no to that.

So, we stroll on up to this sort-of sketchy strip mall area headed for the massage place...which is called Foot Finesse, by the way. Normal name for a massage place. I think it sounds more like a place where you get a pedicure or a place where you learn quick stepping foot skills...whatever that means.

Inside this place was a front desk. Obviously. With an Asian woman. Also, not a surprise. They proceeded to lead Avery and I back to the massaging area. There were rows on rows of these massage bed/recliner/chair things where everyone was getting massaged. Weird.

Oh, I forgot....we all wore our clothes. It was a full body massage with clothes. We were still wearing all of our clothes in this large massage room. DON'T WORRY.

But, it's fine. It just got better from there. My thought process during the massage went a little something like this...

"This is weird...why did this man just show me where I was going to be and then leave???? Am I supposed to lay down...what do I do with my stuff...."


"I'm supposed to put my feet in this wicker basket lined with a plastic trash bag filled with hot water...why....."


"This is nice...I like massages...."


"Wait...why is there a man now massaging me.....did they just sub out...did the other person get bored..."


"WHY is he hitting me!!! I don't know if that feels very good...."


"WHY is this man standing on top of me pressing down on my groin....this would be SOOOOO violating if I wasn't wearing all of my clothes and covered in a blanket..."

Okay, but really. Sounds kind of creepy. But, I paid that $25 and it was so worth it. Avery and I agreed: those Asian people have the market covered on cheap, kind of sketchy massages. People love that stuff.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahah WHATTT. sounds so creepy. and weird and not even really enjoyable. but I'm glad you're happy you spent that $25..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i promise it was great! i just post the weird stuff cuz it was funny and i wanted you to read it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete