Wednesday, April 18, 2012

planning

I will only get to participate in this week eight times in my life. It's sad to think that I'm already done with half...four down, four to go. The last time will probably be bittersweet. It has meant so much to me over the past two years already and I know that my love of this week will only get stronger over the next two years. 

It's scheduling week. 

Nerdy I know. But, really, scheduling is one of my favorite parts of college. I love that we get to reinvent our lives every six months. We get to plan our lives and try to think about what we want. Waking up early for your classes wasn't your thing...well, don't do that next semester. You hate your professor...well, at least you only have to deal with him for four months. 

It's really freeing to be able to make these changes and explore all of these options right now. And, I'm a planner. So I just love being able to look at all of the potential classes, what professors I might be taking, or when I will be able to have a break during the day. It's just so great! Especially when everything works out exactly the way I want it to, like this semester. 

A few things I'm already excited about for next semester: 

1. Both of my psych classes will be taught by the same professor...could be a little bit of overload, but I really like him!
2. I'm taking Drawing for my art class! I get to spend 6 hours every week learning and practicing something that I really want to be good at. Perfect. 
3. I'm going to take my first social work class. This is something I'm really interested in and can't wait to see what I get to learn about and experience. It's also my first night class...kind of excited to see how it will affect me.
4. I'm taking my P.E credit next semester and chose Buda Khi. A bunch of my friends have already taken it and say it's the best thing ever. I get to schedule my work out in, will be so fit that I will be able to do 100 pushups, and will be able to break a board at the end of the semester if I can! Woo! 

It's nice to be able to have a little bit of hope amidst the stress of the final few weeks of the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment