Sunday, April 29, 2012

indy food tour 2012, part one

"Hi, our names are Avery Volz and Abby Miller and we are addicted to food."

The first step is admitting, right? The second step is....continuing the addiction. Like when I was obsessed with food trucks. It's one and the same.

Here's some news: Indianapolis, Indiana is a hotbed of really, really great food. Who knew? 

But, because of this....I'm pleased to announce....

Avery & Abby's Indy Food Tour 2012!!!!

We made a list of all of the really great places that we want to eat. And we are going to try to eat at everyone in the year 2012. We have already made a pretty big dent in the list (because we like to eat so much) and we will continue in the fall. It makes it fun because every time we go out to eat, we try something new! We are just SO adventurous.

The first few great eats...


ROOM FOUR.

This restaurant is a secret room attached to a really fancy restaurant in Indy called Recess. Room Four is the cheaper version, but from the same chef. Who is a rockstar. It's the kind of place where there are only five options on the menu and it changes every day. SO FUN!

Avery and I loved the cool lights and wall decorations. And that we felt so hip ordering off such a short menu. Avery ordered fried fish tacos and I got a meatloaf sandwich. Yum.






FIRE BY THE MONON. 

This is in Broad Ripple, where the majority of our "to be eaten" restaurants are located. Fire By The Monon was rustic and artsy and really unique. We had been hearing great things about it for awhile.

Avery got a burger and I got a roasted veggie pizza with goat cheese. Mainly because I could eat goat cheese by the spoonful. Seriously.







RENE'S BAKERY.

This cute bakery is in an even cuter blue building. They have everything you would ever want in there: croissants, cakes, cookies, bread, pie, other sweet things that I don't know about. This is somewhere I could totally see myself wanting to go all the time and buy delicious things.

Avery got a piece of cake and I got some sweet French madeleines. So worth the extra calories.





My mouth is already drooling for the next restaurant on the list. 

2 comments:

  1. "hip," "rustic," "artsy," instagram pics...you're so hipster. Also, you're a girl after my own heart. You know how badly I wish I could do this with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can always do a foco foods version this summer! :)

      Delete